* LVBC reserves the right to request proof of age/identity and double deposit in the event of single sex groups
Terms & Conditions of Hire (Electric, rowing & pedalo boats)Please read these conditions of hire carefully as they contain legal obligations and liabilities of the hirer.
- Everyone is advised to wear a buoyancy aid whilst on the river, however children under the age of 16 years and non swimmers will not be permitted to board the boats unless they have been fitted and wearing a buoyancy aid supplied by LVBC for the duration of hire.
- The LVBC are not able to hire boats to those who appear to be under the influence of either drink or drugs.
- Alcoholic drinks or smoking is not permitted on site or hire boats.
- Pets are not permitted on board any of these boats.
- These boats are not to be taken through the locks and are only hired within a 1 mile stretch of the river with a turning point at Kings Weir or Carthagena Lock.
- All boats must travel on the right hand side of the river at all times and keep clear of other boat users.
- Hirers must keep boat at least 2 meters away from the bank and any moored boats and avoid shallow water and weeds.
- A cash security deposit is required to hire a boat and will be refunded when the hire boat is returned in the same condition it was hired and on time.
- LVBC reserves the right to request proof of age/identity and double deposit in the event of single sex groups
- Hirers must not stand or jump from the boats and forfeit of the security deposit will be at stake.
- The security deposit will also be forfeited if additional passengers are picked up along the bank as overloading the boats can cause safety problems.
- Please keep arms and legs inside the boat at all times and do not throw rubbish into the river.
- An adult must be seated next to and supervise a child if they are driving.
- Finally, please respect other river users and those living alongside the river.